Tuesday 21 August 2012

En Vacances...

I've just returned from a blissful 4-day holiday in Dorset - no mobile reception, no internet, no computers, no internet oh, I've already said that. It was a pretty intense experience, to be honest - and we're off to PARIS TOMORROW. 
HURRAH.

So, while I'm off wandering along the Rive Gauche with my beloved 
(is it the Rive Gauche or just 'Rive Gauche'? Hmm. I'll get back to you on that one)
I think that you should head over here
This blog belongs to Gesci (pronounced Jessie)one of the loveliest people I've had the privilege of meeting recently and I'm not just saying that because she's said nice things about me, too. 
(I paid her handsomely, haha!)

You can meet her dogs and her cat and read all about her life living as an ex-pat in Yorkshire, all beautifully illustrated by her photography 
(you'll get a chance to meet Sophie... go and read and you'll know what I'm talking about...).

One thing you will not find out from reading Gesci's blog, however, is that she is TERRIBLE at crossing roads.
Seriously. 
I thought she was going to die. 
That would have made possibly the worst blog date in the world ever
Luckily I was there to save her.
Phew.

See you in a few days...
Alors mes amis, il faut que je parte.
A bientôt!
(I did A-Level French. Please note the use of the subjunctive. Sadly that's about all I can remember. My education was clearly worth every penny).

This time tomorrow I'll be there! Drinking champagne (it'd be rude not to...)

1 comment:

Gesci said...

I just laughed so loud I made Sloan jump! Hahahahaha!

It's true, though.