Friday 3 August 2012

Unlucky for some

My second foray into Olympic excitement came in the form of Beach Volleyball tickets - DPB's family had one spare so, deciding that one could not attend too many Olympic events, I jumped at the chance to take it. 
I know nothing about beach volleyball but the atmosphere was electric and, as the commentator told us at the beginning of the even, we were there to party. (His actual words were: 'this is not Wimbledon, make some NOISE...' I obeyed).
Canadian Men's Team Vs. Brazil
Dancers in skimpy outfits came on regularly in the breaks and they were certainly appreciated by the more, ahem, well-lubricated spectators. 
So much for British inhibitions.
As there were no Brits playing, I decided to adopt Canada, Switzerland, Australia and the USA.
Thankfully, the USA women's pair ended my losing streak.
Clearly I am an unlucky mascot...

No comments: